Every conversation is a gift. Within every interaction, there is some new learning about ourselves or the world around us. There are ideas to consider or a new way of thinking altogether. Even when our questions receive no answer, we learn from this as well. That is the privilege of this work. It’s the work of all of us for a lifetime, and it’s a privilege to be invited into this work with you, our customers. We consider it a gift, and we are so grateful to all of you for the stories you share and the ways that you listen. Help us spread the word about the value of this work by using #sacredstoriesfilms when you share an interesting story on social media. And enjoy the story-sharing gift ideas in this newsletter.
For Little Ones
- Play a game with the kids, & tell stories about the people in the pictures.
- Take a story to new places with these creative placemats.
- Start a book for a niece, nephew, or other special child in your life with “highlight memories” from each year. Include a photo. Write a few sentences each year & share it with them when they get older.
- This book has a recipe for good dinner-time discussion & lots of yummy recipes to eat too.
- Krista Tippett’s book & podcast, On Being, helped inspire the work of Sacred Stories. Brene Brown says “[Tippett] has elevated the art of listening and the practice of being present in a way that is both accessible and soulful.” Give this book to someone you admire.
- Academy Award-winning producer Brian Glazer’s new book, Face to Face, is a book about communication and why good communication matters in business and in life.
- More Journals – Check them out here & here
- 100 thought-provoking questions for great relationship building. Use these in the car or at home. There are other versions for couples, families, etc.
- Just for couples – Questions to keep you communicating
- Even if you live far away, spark a conversation with loved ones. There are lots of tools out there to help capture the stories of our lives. For grandparents, we like this one & this one. Tell us your favorite...
- Conversation Cards
- Conversation Dice
- A day-to-day calendar with inspiring prompts and thoughtful meditations
Unique Gift Ideas
- Personalized recipe Board – a sentimental gift for your favorite cook.
- A unique Family Tree for the genealogist in the family.
- Find out your story in a whole new way with a 23 & Me DNA Test.
- Hire a professional genealogist or personal historian to help tell your story.
Simple (& Inexpensive!) Gifts
- Create your own conversation starters. Have everyone in the family write down questions. Draw one when you share a meal together.
- Have a recipe with a story? Make the food for a friend & share the story and the recipe.
- Regift a special book that you no longer need. Share the story of what this book means to you.
- Pass along a family heirloom or old family photos with a story.
- Convert old VHS footage into digital format for the family.
- Write a heartfelt letter to your family members.
And the very best gift of all: The Gift of Time!